If you're a solicitor or conveyancer, register online to file Land Transaction Tax (LTT).
Follow these 3 steps:
- Register your organisation. Each organisation can only have one account.
- The administrator signs up for an individual login.
- Add online users to your organisation’s account.
Allow up to 2 weeks to complete the process.
1. Register your organisation
Before you start
Organisation registered with Companies House
You'll need your:
- Companies House Registration Number (CRN)
- registered office postcode
Partnership or trust under Self Assessment
You’ll need your:
- partnership or trust Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
Self-employed under Self Assessment
You'll need your:
- Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
- National Insurance number
- Self Assessment correspondence postcode
You’ll also need the name, email, address, and phone number of the person who’ll be the administrator for your online account.
To complete registration, you’ll need access to this email address. This must be an individual email address like ‘first.name@’ not a shared mailbox such as ‘info@’. You can add more administrators later.
Your administrator will be responsible for managing users on your organisation’s account. They can activate and deactivate them.
We’ll send your administrator your organisation registration number by post or email within 2 weeks of registering.
We’ll contact you if we need more information.
When you receive this number, you’ll need to complete the next step to sign up for an individual login.
2. Sign up for an individual account
When you’ve received your organisation registration number you can sign up to create an individual login. This number links you with your organisation’s account. Click ‘Sign up now’ as shown in the screenshot.
What you need to know
- You must be the administrator registered in step 1 to complete this step.
- When you receive a verification code by email, this will be sent from Microsoft. You need to use it within 10 minutes.
- If you don’t receive this code, check your ‘junk’ or ‘spam’ folder.
- Contact us if you’ve not received it or need help.