Estimates of economic activity within the countries of the UK and the nine English regions for October to December 2018.
This is the latest release
These are experimental statistics and the volatility of the quarterly data make interpreting short term changes difficult.
- GDP in Wales increased by 0.3% in Quarter 4 (October to December) 2018 compared with the Quarter 3. For the UK as a whole there was an increase of 0.2%.
- Wales had the second largest increase in output of the twelve countries and regions of the UK in Quarter 4 2018.
- Growth was weak in the production (0.0%) and service (0.1%) sectors and stronger in construction (3.3%).
- Over the longer term, Wales saw GDP growth of 2.3% in 2018 in total, compared with 1.5% for the UK as a whole.
- Over the year there was strong growth in the construction sector (17.0%), an increase of 1.9% in services and a fall of 0.8% in the production sector.
Tel: 0300 025 9016
Tel: 0300 025 8099