Data showing information on the number of patients treated within 26 weeks of the date a referral letter was received in the hospital for April 2018 to March 2019.
- There were 1,014,880 pathways closed in 2018-19, 4.2% more than in 2017-18.
- The total open pathways waiting for treatment each month in 2018-19 was around 430 to 450 thousand.
- The percentage waiting less than 26 weeks ranged from 86.9 to 89.1%.
- Performance against the 95% target (26 weeks) in 2018-19 was higher than in 2017-18. March 2019 had the highest percentage of patients waiting less than 26 weeks since July 2013
- The number waiting over 36 weeks ranged from 8,985 to 15,622.
- There were less pathways waiting more than 36 weeks in every month of 2018-19 compared to 2017-18.
- The median wait varied across the year. In 2018-19, the longest was 10.0 weeks in September 2018; the lowest was 8.6 weeks in March 2019.
New this year
An interactive dashboard has been published alongside the report. It provides an interactive analysis with more detail, including breakdowns by local health board, treatment function and stage of pathway. It shows the median wait times and provides detail on pathways not covered by referral to treatment recording.
Referral to treatment times, April 2018 to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 647 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 3633
Telephone: 0300 025 8099