An annual report which presents data on individual pupils receiving education outside of school, including Pupil Referral Units.
Statistics are are based upon data relating to pupils known by local authorities to be receiving education outside of school during the academic week from 15 to 19 January 2018.
- 2,188 pupils were recorded as being educated other than at school, with 1,609 of these receiving their main education outside of school.
- The rate of EOTAS pupils receiving their main education other than at school increased in 2017/18 over the year to 3.4 per 1,000 pupils. This is the highest rate since 2009/10.
- 7 out of 10 pupils whose main education is other than at school were boys.
- Pupil referral units remain the most frequently-used education provision for pupils whose main education is other than at school.
- 5.6 out of every 1,000 pupils in Wales were reported to be electively home educated.
Pupils educated other than at school, September 2017 to August 2018
file type: PDF, file size: 779 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5060
Tel: 0300 025 8099