Data relating to pupils known by local authorities to be receiving education outside of school from 15 to 19 January 2018.
- 2,188 pupils were recorded as being educated other than at school, with 1,609 of these receiving their main education outside of school.
- The rate of EOTAS pupils receiving their main education other than at school increased in 2017/18 over the year to 3.4 per 1,000 pupils. This is the highest rate since 2009/10.
- 7 out of 10 pupils whose main education is other than at school were boys.
- Pupil referral units remain the most frequently-used education provision for pupils whose main education is other than at school.
- 5.6 out of every 1,000 pupils in Wales were reported to be electively home educated.
Pupils educated other than at school, September 2017 to August 2018
file type: PDF, file size: 779 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5060
Tel: 0300 025 8099