Information on severity of injury and type of road user for 2017.
- In 2017 there were 4,556 road accidents involving personal injury recorded by the police, a reduction of 365 on 2016 (7.4% reduction).
- These recorded accidents resulted in 6,202 casualties, which was 651 fewer than in 2016.
Within the 6,202 casualties:
- 103 people were killed on Welsh Roads, which was the same as in 2016
- 961 people were seriously injured, which was 44 fewer (4.4% fewer) than in 2016
- 5,138 people were slightly injured, which was 607 fewer (10.6% fewer) than 2016.
Police recorded road accidents, 2017 (revised) , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6415
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.