In Wales we deal with planning appeals, developments of national significance, examinations of local plans and other planning-related and specialist casework on behalf of Welsh Ministers.
The Planning Inspectorate is an executive agency, sponsored by the Welsh Government.
Our job is to make decisions and provide recommendations and advice on a range of land use planning-related issues across Wales. We do this in a fair, open and timely way, based on policies formulated by Welsh Government.
We also deal with other planning related work including:
- listed building consent appeals
- advertisement appeals
- reporting on planning decisions called in by the Welsh Government and the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.
We also handle other specialist work including:
- compulsory purchase orders
- rights of way orders
- consents for works on common land
- tree preservation and high hedge appeals
- measures relating to environmental protection