The Planning Inspectorate is an executive agency, sponsored by the Welsh Government.
Our job is to make decisions and provide recommendations and advice on a range of land use planning-related issues across Wales. We do this in a fair, open and timely way, based on policies formulated by Welsh Government.
We also deal with other planning related work including:
- listed building consent appeals
- advertisement appeals
- reporting on planning decisions called in by the Welsh Government and the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.
We also handle other specialist work including:
- compulsory purchase orders
- rights of way orders
- consents for works on common land
- tree preservation and high hedge appeals
- measures relating to environmental protection