PPE and Workwear – Dynamic Purchasing System (reserved contract)
We have established a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for the supply of high visibility, personal protective equipment (PPE), uniforms, workwear and leisurewear.
Utilising Regulation 20 of the Public Contracts Regulations (2015), the DPS has been awarded on a reserved basis and only organisations that are classified as a sheltered workshop were able to apply for a place on the DPS. A sheltered workshop can be defined as a business that has a minimum of 30% of employees that are classed as disabled or disadvantaged workers. Two suppliers have been appointed to the DPS, Elite Clothing Solutions, based in south Wales and Ilasco who are based in Scotland.
In order to maximise the available markets for the appointed suppliers, the DPS will be available for public bodies across the whole of the United Kingdom to purchase through it.
The DPS provides a number of benefits including:
- Greater access to employment opportunities for disabled or disadvantaged people
- Increasing the diversity of the public sector supplier base, by drawing from the wider pool of talent and skills available in the workforce, that are currently underutilised i.e. disadvantaged workers who face barriers to entering the labour market
- Contribution to increased social inclusion and interaction of disabled people in the labour market and their communities.
- Provision of a simple straightforward route to market for public bodies to procure from these businesses compliantly
- It will remain open for its entire period, allowing new or already established sheltered workshops/supported businesses the chance to join the DPS at any point throughout its lifetime.
- This new agreement will run alongside the current DPS for PPE and Workwear which commenced on 1 October 2021.
If you require further information, please e-mail: CommercialProcurement.PeopleCorporate@gov.wales