This consultation ended 4 October 2012.
Details of outcome
This consultation gives more details on creating the new natural resources body for Wales.
The consultation follows on from an earlier consultation where we asked for your views on creating the new body.
There are 2 parts to this consultation:
- the duties of the new body
- more information on legal and working arrangements of the body.
The 1st part focuses on the purpose and duties of the body covering:
- natural beauty and nature conservation
- public access and recreation
- other overarching duties.
The 2nd part of this consultation considers where more information has been asked for and where we want to share our intentions. This part covers:
- cross-border issues
- regulation and enforcement including the Environmental Permitting Regime and inspection investigation enforcement and prosecution including civil sanctions and investigatory powers
- cross-border monitoring
- statutory planning and reporting
- Emergency response including the transfer of powers under the Control of Major Accidents and Hazards Regulations
- trading schemes and producer responsibility
- transitional arrangements.
Natural Resources Wales became operational in April 2013. For more information on Natural Resources Wales (external link) visit their website.