Information based on 17 long term output indicators from the Wales Transport Strategy for 2012.
- Some 8 out of 10 journeys to work are made using a car or a van. This has figure has remained constant for the past 10 years.
- There were a little under 49 million journeys made using the Concessionary Fares Bus Pass in Wales in 2012-13.
- The road safety targets set in 2000 were all met by 2010; with 2012 reporting the lowest level of killed or seriously injured, 1,034, on record.
- Bus passenger numbers in Wales has remained constant at some 116 million between 2009-10 and 2011-12.
- Rail passenger numbers in Wales increased from some 26 million 2009-10 to 27 million in 2010-11.
- Road traffic in Wales fell from 26.93 billion vehicle kilometres in 2011 to 26.76 billion vehicle kilometres in 2012, the lowest level since 2003.
- Sea passenger numbers fell from 2.8 million in 2011 to 2.6 million in 2012.
- Air passenger numbers at Cardiff Airport fell from 1.2 million in 2011 to 1.0 million in 2012.
- Greenhouse gas emissions relating to transport fell by 2% between 2010 and 2011.
Tel: 0300 025 6415
Tel: 0300 025 8099