Information on the resources that local authorities have budgeted to make available for education and school services for April 2022 to March 2023.
- Schools expenditure is budgeted to be £3,096 million, an increase of 6.3% over the previous year.
- Schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £6,773, a year-on-year increase of 6.0% or £386.
- The budget per pupil can be broken down into £5,617 per pupil delegated to schools and £1,156 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,568 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 76% and 89% of overall schools budgeted expenditure.
- 82.9% of the total schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, a decrease of 0.4 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools, April 2022 to March 2023 , file type: PDF, file size: 438 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 3963
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.