Information on the resources that local authorities have budgeted to make available for education and school services for April 2019 to March 2020.
- Schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,657 million, an increase of 3.5% over the previous year.
- Schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,857, a year-on-year increase of 3.2% or £181. This is a real terms increase of 1.2% and the first real terms increase per pupil since 2010-11.
- The budget per pupil can be broken down into £4,914 per pupil delegated to schools and £943 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,229 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 77% and 90% of overall schools budgeted expenditure.
- 83.9% of the total schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, a decrease of 0.3 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools, April 2019 to March 2020 (Revised) , file type: PDF, file size: 608 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 3963
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.