An annual report which includes information per pupil, by local authority and school sector for April 2019 to March 2020.
- Schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,654 million, an increase of 3.4% over the previous year.
- Schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,849, a year-on-year increase of 3.1% or £174. This is a real terms increase of 1.0% and the first real terms increase per pupil since 2010-11.
- The budget per pupil can be broken down into £4,906 per pupil delegated to schools and £943 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,226 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 77% and 90% of overall schools budgeted expenditure.
- 83.9% of the total schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, a decrease of 0.3 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools, April 2019 to March 2020
file type: PDF, file size: 608 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 3963
Tel: 0300 025 8099