Estimates for Quarter 3, October to December 2018.
This statistical release presents official statistics for Landfill Disposals Tax.
These initial estimates for quarter 3 are provisional. We will revise these estimates in the next statistics publication.
For material disposed as waste to landfill for the period October to December:
- There were 367,000 tonnes of authorised disposals, a similar level to the previous 2 quarters.
- These disposals resulted in £10.1 million of tax due, a fall of 26 per cent from the previous quarter. This was largely due to a decrease in standard rate disposals by a small number of landfill site operators.
- The 5 landfill site operators paying the most tax accounted for around three-quarters of the total tax due.
- 111,000 tonnes of relieved or discounted material was disposed of, resulting in £0.3 million tax relieved.
- In this period, there were 17 authorised landfill site operators covering 23 sites.
Landfill Disposals Tax statistics: October to December 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools