Statistics on disposals of waste to landfill and tax due, for January to March 2022 and the year April 2021 to March 2022.
The purpose of Landfill Disposals Tax is to:
- reduce the amount of waste going into landfill
- encourage less harmful methods of waste management such as recycling and incineration
The tax has an important role in the Welsh Government plan to achieve net zero emissions.
These quarterly statistics include data and commentary on the:
- weight of and tax due on authorised disposals of waste, by tax rate
- weight of material relieved or discounted
- new breakdown of lower rate weight into qualifying fines material, with non-qualifying fines material grouped into three categories by List of Waste (LoW) code
These initial estimates for January to March 2022 are provisional. We will revise these estimates in the next statistics publication.
Datasets and interactive tools