This statistical release presents official statistics for Landfill Disposals Tax.
These initial estimates for quarter 4 and for the year April 2018 to March 2019 are provisional. We will revise these estimates in the next statistics publication.
Key points from this statistical release
For material disposed as waste to landfill for the period:
January to March 2019
- There were 337 thousand tonnes of authorised disposals, lower than the previous quarter.
- These disposals resulted in £9.4 million tax due, a 7 per cent fall from the previous quarter.
2018 to 2019
- There were 1,431 thousand tonnes of authorised disposals, with £44.6 million tax due estimated for the year.
- The 5 landfill site operators paying the most tax accounted for around five-sixths of the total tax due.
- There were 17 authorised landfill site operators covering 23 sites active over the year. More information on these landfill site operators can be found on the WRA website.