Data includes the number of land and property transactions, tax due and value of property taxed.
Our monthly releases are published as data tables on this page and datasets on the StatsWales website.
They include monthly numbers on:
- transactions and tax due
- transactions by type
- transactions and tax due by tax band
- refunds for higher rates residential transactions
- monthly statistics are data-only updates with no commentary
- quarterly statistics include the latest statistical commentary
- annual statistics present a greater level of detail, including analysis within Wales and analysis using the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation
Monthly, quarterly and annual statistics can be found on the Land Transaction Tax series page.
Annual data for National Parks
Please note that for the first time, annual data for National Parks has been added to StatsWales.
LTT rate changes and impact of coronavirus (COVID-19)
The data in this release should be considered in the context of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and subsequent LTT rate changes introduced on 27 July 2020 and 22 December 2020. This had a significant impact on the number of property transactions and tax due during different parts of 2020-21, with a significant fall at the start of the year partly offset by marked rises later in the year. It should therefore be borne in mind when viewing changes between all time periods included here, and any equivalent figures a year earlier.
Datasets and interactive tools