Data includes the number of land and property transactions, tax due and value of property taxed.
This quarterly report for Land Transaction Tax (LTT) comments on:
- number of transactions, tax due, and value of property taxed
- analysis of residential and non-residential transactions by value
- tax reliefs
- refunds of the higher rate of residential tax
- money received by the Welsh Revenue Authority (WRA)
The report also comments on:
- the number of transactions submitted to the Welsh Revenue Authority in April 2020
- the impact so far of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak on levels of transactions
Please see the ‘Data’ section below for a spreadsheet with data tables and chart data used in this quarterly report. Also see the StatsWales website for detailed LTT datasets.
We also publish monthly and annual statistics which can be found on the Land Transaction Tax series page.
- Monthly statistics are data-only updates with no commentary. Monthly statistics may have more up-to-date data than quarterly or annual statistics.
- Annual statistics present a greater level of detail. This includes analysis by local authority and analysis using the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation.
Datasets and interactive tools