Estimates for Quarter 4, January to March 2019 and estimates for 2018-19.
This statistical release presents official statistics for Land Transaction Tax (LTT).
These initial estimates are provisional. We will revise these estimates in the next statistics publication. This is because organisations are still able to report further transactions for March.
Organisations have 30 days after the date of the transaction to report them to the WRA.
This release outlines provisional estimates for March and revised estimates for previous months.
They provide a snapshot summary of LTT notifiable transactions received by the close of 15 April.
For reported notifiable LTT transactions with an effective date in:
January to March 2019 (provisional figures)
- 13,190 transactions and £52.6 million tax due
- 11,740 residential LTT transactions with £33.0 million tax due
- of which, 3,060 residential transactions at the higher rate, and
- 1,450 non-residential LTT transactions resulting in £19.6 million tax due.
2018-19 (provisional figures)
- 61,560 transactions and £227.6 million tax due
- 55,560 residential LTT transactions with £155.5 million tax due
- of which, 12,990 residential transactions at the higher rate, and
- 6,000 non-residential LTT transactions resulting in £72.1 million tax due.
Analysis of revisions to Land Transaction Tax statistics up to January to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools