Data includes the number of land and property transactions, tax due and value of property taxed.
This quarterly report for Land Transaction Tax (LTT) comments on:
- number of transactions, tax due, and value of property taxed
- analysis of residential and non-residential transactions by value
- tax reliefs
- refunds of the higher rate of residential tax
- money received by the Welsh Revenue Authority (WRA)
LTT rate changes and impact of coronavirus (COVID-19)
The data in this release should be considered in the context of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and subsequent LTT rate changes introduced on 27 July 2020 and 22 December 2020. This had a significant impact on the number of property transactions and tax due during different parts of 2020-21 and into 2021-22, with a significant fall at the start of 2020-21 partly offset by marked rises later on. It should therefore be kept in mind when viewing changes between all time periods included here, and any equivalent figures a year earlier.
Please see the ‘Data’ section below for a spreadsheet with data tables and chart data used in this quarterly report. Also see the StatsWales website for detailed LTT datasets.
We also publish monthly and annual statistics which can be found on the Land Transaction Tax series page.
- Monthly statistics are data-only updates with no commentary. Monthly statistics may have more up-to-date data than quarterly or annual statistics.
- Annual statistics present a greater level of detail. This includes analysis by local authority and analysis using the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation.
Datasets and interactive tools