The report looks at what factors are linked with people reporting high levels of job satisfaction.
This is the latest release
People were more likely to have high job satisfaction if they:
- lived in Powys, Pembrokeshire, Gwynedd or Neath Port Talbot compared with Newport and Conwy
- were aged 60 and over or 30 to 39
- had formal responsibility for supervising the work of other employees
- had medium to high life satisfaction
- were satisfied with their commute
- were satisfied with the spare time they have
- were satisfied with their financial situation.
We did not find a link between the following and job satisfaction:
- marital status
- qualification levels
- being Welsh-speaking
- tenure (e.g. renting or owning)
- living in an urban or rural area
- having children in the household
- having household internet access
- ability to keep up with bills and credit commitments.
Who is most likely to be satisfied with their job?, April 2013 to March 2014
file type: PDF, file size: 412 KB
Telephone: 0300 025 6685
Telephone: 0300 025 8099