- Laura McAllister
- Rowan Williams
- Anwen Elias
- Miguela Gonzalez
- Michael Marmot
- Lauren McEvatt
- Albert Owen
- Philip Rycroft
- Shavanah Taj
- Kirsty Williams
- Leanne Wood
- Mark Drakeford MS, First Minister of Wales
- Adam Price MS, Leader of Plaid Cymru
- Mick Antoniw MS, Counsel General and Minister for the Constitution
- Piers Bisson, Director, Constitution and Justice
- Jane Runeckles, Special Advisor
- Chris Warner, Deputy Director, Constitution and Justice
- Gareth Morgan, Deputy Director and Head of Secretariat
- Carys Evans, Adviser
- Heulwen Vaughan, Secretary to the Commission
- Victoria Martin, Policy Lead
- Tessa Hajilambi, Office Manager
Item 1: Welcome from the co-chairs
The co-chairs welcomed the commissioners to the first meeting of the Independent Commission on the Constitutional Future of Wales.
Item 2: Introductions
The commissioners and officials briefly introduced themselves.
Item 3: Broad objectives and work programme
The commissioners noted the broad objectives and discussed the commission's approach to developing its work programme.
Item 4: First Minister of Wales (Mark Drakeford MS), Leader of Plaid Cymru (Adam Price MS) and Counsel General and Minister for the Constitution (Mick Antoniw MS)
The First Minister, the Leader of Plaid Cymru and the Counsel General briefly joined the meeting. They thanked the commissioners for undertaking their roles and outlined their objectives for establishing the commission.
Item 5: Communications and engagement
The commission discussed its approach to communications and engagement and how best to develop an inclusive and far-reaching engagement strategy.
Item 6: Ways of working
The commission discussed the practical and logistical arrangements for its work. The commission agreed to publish minutes of each meeting and that meetings would remain virtual for the time being.
Item 7: Any other business
No other issues raised. The co-chairs thanked the commissioners for their time and noted that the meeting had been productive.
For further information, please contact: