We are consulting on:
- extending the minimum notice period from 2 months to 6 months
- increasing the period at the beginning of a contract during which a landlord cannot give notice from 4 months to 6 months
- placing a 6 month restriction on issuing a notice following the expiry of a previous notice
- removing a landlord’s ability to end a fixed term standard contract (under section 186)
- the use of break clauses in fixed term contracts.
How to respond
Submit your comments by 5 September 2019, in any of the following ways:
Download the response form.
Complete and return to:
Housing Policy Division
Cathays Park Office