This consultation ended 5 September 2019.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We want your views on increasing the notice a landlord must give when seeking to end a contract.
We are consulting on:
- extending the minimum notice period from 2 months to 6 months
- increasing the period at the beginning of a contract during which a landlord cannot give notice from 4 months to 6 months
- placing a 6 month restriction on issuing a notice following the expiry of a previous notice
- removing a landlord’s ability to end a fixed term standard contract (under section 186)
- the use of break clauses in fixed term contracts.