The complex relationship between the Severn Crossings and the Welsh economy is such that the study covers a broad range of transport and economic issues.
This is the latest release
The following research and analysis was undertaken:
- A literature review of the impact of road tolls, including tolled bridges, elsewhere;
- High-level traffic and transport modelling;
- A survey of businesses in South Wales and the South West of England;
- In depth interviews with a selection of businesses and representative groups;
- A survey of consumers in the South West of England, and;
- Modelling of the effects of tolling on productivity.
For further information please contact Gareth.Edwards@wales.gsi.gov.uk.