An estimate of the additional homes required between 2006 and 2026.
- An estimated 284,000 additional homes are required in Wales between 2006 and 2026.
- 183,000 of these are in the market sector and 101,000 in the non-market sector.
- These estimates average 14,200 dwellings a year - 9,200 in the market sector and 5,100 in the non-market sector.
- In addition, there is a current backlog of unmet housing need which is estimated at 9,500 households.
- Estimates for local authority areas over the period 2006 to 2026 range from 2,500 homes in Merthyr Tydfil to 37,300 in Cardiff. As estimates, they do not override the more informed assessments of housing need undertaken by individual local authorities.
Tel: 0300 061 6029
Tel: 0300 025 8099