A summary of the group's purpose.
- To review current statistical, research and other analytical activity and dissemination undertaken by or on behalf of the Welsh Government. To advise the Welsh Government as to improvements in scope and quality that are necessary to inform the development, monitoring, and evaluation of Welsh housing policy and practice
- To pay due regard to the need to maintain high standards of evidence quality. To comply with the Code of Practice for Statistics and the Government Social Research Code.
- To take into account the relative costs and benefits of information work. To identify opportunities to reduce duplication and minimise the burden upon organisations providing data.
- To aid the dissemination of statistical, research and other analytical evidence identified to all interested stakeholders in Wales.
- To establish time-limited, themed working groups. The groups will consider, report findings and make recommendations on specific issues within their terms of reference.