Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for October to December 2020.
- Between 1 October and 31 December 2020, 600 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan.
- This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 11,587.
- During the quarter, the value of properties purchased totalled £131.7 million whilst the value of equity loans totalled £25.9 million.
- At 31 December 2020 there were 916 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean property purchase price using the scheme during this quarter was £219,578 with a mean equity loan value of £43,125.
- Between 1 October and 31 December 2020 there were 41 completed purchases of leasehold properties, all of which were flats.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme have been for first time buyers, accounting for 75% of all completed purchases to date.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy - Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Telephone: 0300 025 8099