Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for October to December 2018.
- Between 1 October and 31 December 2018, 678 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan. This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy-Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 8,485.
- Over the quarter, the total value of these equity loans was £26.8 million. The value of the properties purchased totalled £135.2 million.
- At 31 December 2018 there were 547 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean purchase price of a property bought using the scheme during the quarter was £199,424, with a mean equity loan value of £39,533.
- Between 1 October and 31 December 2018 there were 83 completed purchases of leasehold properties. Of these only 3 were houses, which is significantly less than the 40 recorded in the same quarter of last year.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme to date have been to first time buyers, accounting for 76% of all completed purchases.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy (Wales) Ltd.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5055
Tel: 0300 025 8099