Data on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for July to September 2021.
From 1 April 2021 the maximum property price available through this scheme has been reduced to £250,000 from £300,000.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2021, 314 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan.
- This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy - Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 12,804.
- During the quarter, the value of properties purchased totalled £71.2 million whilst the value of equity loans totalled £13.8 million.
- At 30 September 2021 there were 439 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean property purchase price using the scheme during this quarter was £226,726 with a mean equity loan value of £44,080.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2021 there were 14 completed purchases of leasehold properties, all of which were flats.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme have been for first time buyers, accounting for 76% of all completed purchases to date.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy - Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Telephone: 0300 025 8099