Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for July to September 2018.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2018, 402 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan. This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy-Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 7,806.
- At 30 September 2018 there were 811 applications for loans still outstanding.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2018, the total value of these equity loans was £16.2 million. The value of the properties purchased totalled £81.7 million.
- The mean purchase price of a property bought using the scheme during the quarter was £209,474, with a mean equity loan value of £41,561.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2018 there were 8 completed purchases of leasehold properties. Of these 3 were houses which is significantly less than the 25 recorded in the same quarter of last year.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme to date have been to first time buyers, accounting for 75% of all completed purchases.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy (Wales) Ltd.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5055
Tel: 0300 025 8099