Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2018, 402 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan. This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy-Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 7,806.
- At 30 September 2018 there were 811 applications for loans still outstanding.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2018, the total value of these equity loans was £16.2 million. The value of the properties purchased totalled £81.7 million.
- The mean purchase price of a property bought using the scheme during the quarter was £209,474, with a mean equity loan value of £41,561.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2018 there were 8 completed purchases of leasehold properties. Of these 3 were houses which is significantly less than the 25 recorded in the same quarter of last year.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme to date have been to first time buyers, accounting for 75 per cent of all completed purchases.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy (Wales) Ltd.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5055
Tel: 0300 025 8099