Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for January to March 2019.
- Between 2 January 2014 and 31 March 2019, 8,731 properties were purchased under the Help to Buy-Wales scheme. Of these 76% were purchased by first time buyers.
- Over this period, the total value of equity loans was £326.7 million and the total value of properties purchased was £1,649.5 million.
- Completed purchases using the Help to Buy-Wales scheme increased year on year to a peak of 1,939 in 2017-18 before dropping by 5% to 1,849 in 2018-19.
- To date, the mean (average) purchase price paid for all completed purchases was £188,925 whilst the median was slightly lower at £182,995. During 2018-19, the mean purchase price paid was £200,878 and the median was £196,995.
- Over the period since the start of the scheme to 31 March 2019, almost three quarters (74%) of all completed purchases have been by those with an average household income of between £20,000 and £50,000
- Over half (52%) of all purchases to date were of three bedroom properties and 47% were for households with 2 adults and no children.
Help to Buy - Wales: Shared Equity Loan Scheme, January to March 2019
file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5055
Tel: 0300 025 8099