Data on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for April 2020 to March 2021.
- Between 2 January 2014 and 31 March 2021, 11,959 properties were purchased under the Help to Buy-Wales scheme.
- 75% of total purchases were completed by first time buyers.
- Over this period, the total value of equity loans was £463.6 million and the total value of properties purchased was £2,343.1 million.
- Completed purchases using the Help to Buy-Wales scheme in 2020-21 totalled 1,486.
- To date, the mean purchase price paid for all completed purchases was £195,930 whilst the median was lower at £189,995.
- During 2020-21, the mean purchase price paid was £221,563 and the median was £220,000.
- Since the start of the scheme to 31 March 2020, almost three quarters (73%) of all completed purchases have been by those with an average household income of between £20,000 and £50,000
- Over half (53%) of all purchases to date were of three bedroom properties and 46% were for households with 2 adults and no children.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy - Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Help to Buy - Wales (Shared Equity Loan Scheme), April 2020 to March 2021 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Telephone: 0300 025 8099