This consultation ended 14 June 2015.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
The way waste is assessed and classified in Wales changed on 1 June 2015.
This is a result of several changes in European law to:
- the List of Waste (or European Waste Catalogue)
- the hazardous waste properties in Annex III of the Waste Framework Directive
The Welsh Government intends to amend The Hazardous Waste (Wales) Regulations 2005 and revoke the List of Wastes (Wales Regulations 2005 to implement these changes.
We are keen to hear from:
- local authorities
- Natural Resources Wales
- operators of permitted and exempt waste facilities
- waste producers particularly those who produce hazardous waste
- waste brokers or dealers
- waste carriers
- professional and membership organisations
- businesses/private sector