This consultation ended 20 November 2015.
Details of outcome
We are seeking your views on how we can improve quality and governance in the NHS.
This Green Paper:
- sets out current systems which support quality and governance in the NHS in Wales
- seeks views on what else we can do to improve including the possible use of legislation.
The consultation provides an opportunity to consider and discuss:
- the legislation that may be required to help further improve the quality of healthcare services in Wales
- revisit the current organisational and governance structures following the last major health reforms of 2009.
The paper informs the public debate on a number of current issues such as:
- the role of Healthcare Inspectorate Wales
- leadership in the Welsh NHS
- the role of patient feedback.