This consultation ended 20 November 2015.
Summary of outcome
The summary of responses is now available.
Details of outcome
We are seeking your views on how we can improve quality and governance in the NHS.
This Green Paper:
- sets out current systems which support quality and governance in the NHS in Wales
- seeks views on what else we can do to improve including the possible use of legislation.
The consultation provides an opportunity to consider and discuss:
- the legislation that may be required to help further improve the quality of healthcare services in Wales
- revisit the current organisational and governance structures following the last major health reforms of 2009.
The paper informs the public debate on a number of current issues such as:
- the role of Healthcare Inspectorate Wales
- leadership in the Welsh NHS
- the role of patient feedback.