In this guide
3. Choose a childcare setting
You can apply before choosing a childcare setting.
If your application is approved, you will need to make a formal agreement with your setting. You will need to discuss arrangements with them before making the formal agreement.
To be eligible for the Childcare Offer for Wales, check your childcare provider is registered:
- if the childcare setting is based in Wales, check a childcare setting in Wales is registered on Care Inspectorate Wales
- if the childcare setting is based in England, check a childcare setting in England is registered on GOV.UK.
- on the Childcare Offer for Wales digital service (ask the provider)
Eligible childcare includes registered:
- day care providers
- Clych Meithrin (Welsh language playgroups)
If a nanny looks after your child, you cannot pay them using the Childcare Offer. You could get other support if your nanny is registered under the voluntary approval scheme (on Care Inspectorate Wales).