Information on enrolled learners and their activities by age, gender, mode of study, type of programme and level of study for August 2018 to July 2019.
This is the latest release in the series: Further education, work-based learning and community learning
- There were 168,810 learners at further education institutions (FEIs), adult learning or work-based learning providers during 2018/19.
- There were 122,040 unique learners at FEIs, 46% of which were part-time.
- There were 13,050 unique learners in adult learning.
- Total work-based learner numbers decreased by 3%.
- There were around 17% fewer apprenticeship learning programmes started. The reduction in starts is mainly due to an increased carry over into 2018/19, resulting in less funding available for new starts.
This report summarises data on learners in post-16 education and training. Data excludes higher education institutions and schools but includes learners at colleges, work-based learning providers and adult learning provision. Learner data is collected by the Welsh Government via the Lifelong Learning Wales Record.
Further education, work-based learning and community learning, August 2018 to July 2019
file type: PDF, file size: 758 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Number of apprenticeship programmes by level and medium of delivery, August 2018 to July 2019: tables
file type: ODS, file size: 15 KB
Tel: 0300 025 0346
Tel: 0300 025 8099