Skip to main content

If you are registered with a GP in Wales you are entitled to free prescriptions from a pharmacist in Wales.

If you live in Wales but are registered with a GP in England you will be issued with an entitlement card. This allows a prescription issued in England to be dispensed at a pharmacy in Wales for free.

If you don’t have an entitlement card but regularly receive treatment in England, you may be charged. You can apply for a refund from the NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership.

If you live in Wales and have a Medical Exemption Certificate, you will not have to pay for your prescription wherever in the UK it is issued or dispensed.

Share this page