Data on fires, location, cause, motive, casualties and false alarms and Special Service Incidents attended for April to September 2019.
- The Welsh Fire and Rescue Services attended 6,383 fires in this period, a decrease of 23%.
- There were 2,243 primary fires in Wales, a decrease of 10%.
- There were 4,062 secondary fires in Wales, a decrease of 29%. Since a large proportion of secondary fires occur outside, they are likely to be influenced by weather conditions.
- There were 1,703 grassland, woodland and crop fires in this period, a decrease of 49%.
- There were 7 fire deaths in Wales, 3 fewer than reported in the same period in the previous year.
- There were 96 injuries in this period, 3 fewer than in the previous year.
- A further 123 received first aid, were sent to a hospital for precautionary tests or were advised to seek medical advice. This equates to an increase of 32%.
- There were 7,502 fire false alarms in Wales, 4% fewer than reported in the same period the previous year.
- There were 202 malicious fire false alarms, 9% more than in the same period in the previous year.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6699
Telephone: 0300 025 8099