The Programme aims to deliver significant investment at key tourism sites that will attract investment and growth.
This is the latest release
The programme is making good progress to date, particularly in relation to finalising plans, securing match funding, and procurement of services.
Delays in delivery, along with incomplete baseline data, present challenges in assessing outcomes at this interim stage.
- There is support for the programme’s rationale and its aspiration to develop high-profile destinations and attractions across Wales.
- Visit Wales has provided effective management of the programme to date.
- Effective systems and processes for managing the programme have been developed and improved.
- There is early evidence of Tourism Attractor Destinations (TAD) contribution in terms of accommodating and creating employment.
- There is relatively little awareness of TAD beyond those who have been directly involved in its delivery.
- The TAD project network group could be more dynamic in terms of facilitating knowledge exchange and good practice amongst partners.
- The ERDF cross-cutting themes (CCTs) are embedded as part of the intervention, however at an individual project level the CCTs and Welsh language could be promoted and publicised more actively.
- There is scope to improve linkages with other local and regional activities and programmes.
Evaluation of Tourism Attractor Destinations: interim report , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Evaluation of Tourism Attractor Destinations: interim report (summary) , file type: PDF, file size: 801 KB
Telephone: 0300 062 2570
Telephone: 0300 025 8099