The aim of the evaluation is to assess the design, delivery and performance of the strategic employment sites operation.
This is the latest release
The operation is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund and aims to provide primary infrastructure to encourage investment and the development of four high quality strategic employment sites.
- A strong fit with Welsh Government strategies and polices.
- Good evidence for the intervention, in particular there is a shortage of employment space and evidence of market failure.
- Selection of sites is justified, all are deliverable and located in areas of market demand and close proximity to job seekers.
- Robust management and monitoring processes at Welsh Government and site level.
- The strategic employment sites operation is on course to meet all of its output targets and good progress has been made to delivering the objectives of cross cutting themes.
Recommendations include actions to:
- Undertake targeted marketing to prospective occupiers and developers.
- Consider how access to employment opportunities by deprived communities can be maximised.
The final evaluation is due to report in Winter 2022.
Evaluation of Strategic Employment Sites: interim report (summary)
file type: PDF, file size: 871 KB
Tel: 0300 062 5103
Tel: 0300 025 8099