In light of the change to the organ and tissue donation system, the Welsh Government commissioned GfK to carry out research to help understand NHS staff views on the change.
This is not the latest release in the series: Evaluation of the Human Transplantation (Wales) Act
The objectives of the project, which is part of a wider programme of research and evaluation, were to:
- understand attitudes, expectations and level of knowledge about the new system
- identify staff whose work may be impacted by the introduction of the new system
- measure changes over time in the views of NHS staff and the expected impact on their work
- identify changes to working practices as a result of the implementation of the Act
- identify any unexpected issues caused by the move to the soft opt out system.