Regulations allowing Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) to be issued to parents of children in schools in Wales who had regular unauthorised absence were introduced in 2013.
This is the latest release
The aims of the study were to:
- evaluate different approaches by Local Authorities across Wales when determining their FPN codes
- investigate the reasons why and circumstances in which FPNs are issued
- investigate how head teachers interpret and use LA codes when considering FPNs
- consider Regional Education Consortia role in FPNs including drafting codes and providing standard guidance to schools
- consider if a national code of conduct is required and what stakeholders feel would be appropriate.
Evaluation of Fixed Penalty Notices issued for regular non-attendance at school
file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Tel: 0300 062 5485
Tel: 0300 025 8099