A report which includes information by age, gender, year of attainment and qualification type for September 2013 to August 2014.
Persons aged 19 in 2013/14
- By the age of 19, 83% had attained the level 2 threshold, and 55% had level 3.
- Level 2 attainment increased by 20 percentage points between ages 15 and 19. Level 3 attainment increased by 12 percentage points between ages 17 and 19. Over time, level 2 and 3 attainment has been increasing at each age from 15 to 19.
- Level 2 attainment in English/Welsh, and maths, increases between ages 15 and 19, and has increased over time.
- The proportion of females achieving each level was higher than for males at all ages, although the size of this gap decreased as age increased.
- Most of level 2 attainment by age 15 was through academic qualifications, while for post-16 it was vocational. Most of level 3 attainment by age 19 was through level 3 general qualifications.
Educational attainment of young people by age 19, September 2013 to August 2014 , file type: PDF, file size: 564 KB
Telephone: 0300 025 3357
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.