This report looks at children in primary and secondary schools, and parental involvement in their education.
This is the latest release
Parents and non-parents were asked about their views on the education system in Wales. Analysis covers:
- parents satisfaction with schools
- parental support with literacy and numeracy
- parental confidence in helping their child with English, Welsh and maths
- satisfaction with the education system.
- 54% of parents helped their child every day with letters, reading or writing, compared with 39% of parents who helped their child every day with maths or numbers.
- 16-24 year olds gave a higher average rating for satisfaction with the state of education in Wales (6.6/10) than 55-64 year olds (5.8/10).
Education: views and parental support (National Survey for Wales), April 2016 to March 2017
file type: PDF, file size: 671 KB
Tel: 0300 025 6685
Tel: 0300 025 8099