Estimates of the number of dwellings in Wales by tenure and for each local authority as at 31 March 2019.
- The number of dwellings in Wales continues to grow steadily with an estimated 1.43 million dwellings at 31 March 2019, an increase of 5% over the last 10 years.
- 70% of dwellings were owner occupied in 2019, this proportion has remained stable since 2012.
- The number of privately rented dwellings has risen in the last decade and accounted for 15% of all dwellings at 31 March 2019.
- In 2019, the social sector accounted for 16% of all dwellings, a proportion that has remained stable over the past ten years.
- 10% of all dwellings are owned by Registered Social Landlords and 6% by local authorities.
Dwelling stock estimates as at 31 March 2019 (revised) , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 061 5675
Telephone: 0300 025 8099