This consultation ended 17 September 2021.
Summary of outcome
The summary of responses is now available.
Details of outcome
Summary of responses , file type: PDF, file size: 684 KB
We are seeking your views on revised guidance for local authorities for breeding establishments.
We are consulting on the proposed recommendations as a result of the review of the Animal Welfare (Breeding of Dogs) (Wales) Regulations 2014 (the “Regulations”).
The guidance seeks to ensure the needs of a dog are met, to include:
- its need for a suitable environment
- its need for a suitable diet
- its need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns
- any need it has to be housed with, or apart from, other animals, and
- its need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease.