This consultation ended 31 October 2017.
Details of outcome
We want your views on the policy proposals for delivering a permanent small business rates relief (SBRR) scheme for Wales.
From 1 April 2018 we are introducing a new SBRR scheme in Wales. This permanent scheme aims to more effectively target support for small businesses. We are consulting on proposals that include:
- limiting relief for businesses qualifying for SBRR across multiple properties
- reviewing current and future exceptions from SBRR
- increasing support for eligible small businesses
- providing additional relief for certain sectors which support wider government objectives, for example the childcare sector
- longer term considerations for the scheme.