The report outlines that the Cwm Taf regional pilot programme has the potential to deliver the following benefits:
- New homes from surplus public sector land release
- Significantly enhanced, customer-focused services through integrated service planning and a better estate to support service delivery
- Reduced annual running costs as a result of a rationalisation of public sector estate and the prudent purchasing of property services
- Capital receipts from the release of surplus public sector land and strategic brownfield sites, creating a fund for future investment
- New jobs associated with the development of surplus land and service improvements.