Farmers must follow these rules if they apply for payments under the Basic Payment Scheme 2020.
The vast majority of Cross Compliance rules continue to apply as in 2019. The following fact sheets - along with associated verifiable standards sections - have been updated for 2020. This reflects changes in requirements, good practice and clarifies wording.
- SMR 2: wild birds. Hyperlinks to Natural Resources Wales guidance on general and specific licences updated. Changes to bird species included under general licence.
- SMR 6: pig identification and registration records must now be maintained for 3 years after ceasing keeping pigs. Changes to wording elsewhere for clarification purposes.
- SMR 8: sheep and goat identification record keeping requirements updated. Full identification of an animal must now be recorded regardless of whether the movement is within ownership. Clarification of the definition of a separate holding for movement purposes.
- SMR 9: prevention, control and eradication of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSE). Definition of banned/prohibited/restricted proteins expanded. B1 updated with correct contacts. Clarification that all potential infected animals/products must be traced and eliminated. This includes any potential cohorts. Changes elsewhere to wording for clarification.
- GAEC 4: soil and carbon stock. Changes clarify definition of minimum soil cover. Requirements expanded to include ploughed grassland.
- GAEC 6: soil and organic matter maintenance. Changes to wording for clarification.