How to create and edit the 'publication: FOI release' content type on GOV.WALES.
When to use
How to create
Creating a new publication: FOI release
- Select the Workbench view in GOV.WALES (you must start on the English site).
- Select Create content.
- Select Publication.
- Select FOI release from the Publication field.
- Complete the Title field.
- Complete the Summary field.
- To add a document select Publication document from the PUBLICATION DOCUMENTS menu and select Add new publication document.
- Complete the Name field with the document title. The document filename should be the atisn number, for example atisn12345.pdf. Use the File field to upload your file.
- If your document is in PDF format, select Generate a thumbnail to create an automatic thumbnail.
- If the document you are uploading is not a PDF, you must create a thumbnail and upload it. The thumbnail should be 160px (W) x 230px (H). Use the Thumbnail field to upload the thumbnail.
- If the document is only available in English or Welsh, select that language from the Language availability menu.
- When all fields are completed, select Create publication document.
- Repeat steps 7 to 12 to add more documents.
- Tag to relevant Topics. Untick Include in topic browser box.
- If content is from or about an organisation complete EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS with the name of the organisation.
- Add up to around 5 INTERNAL LINKS (NODE) to content directly related to the users needs being met by the publication: FOI release.
- Do not usually complete INTERNAL LINKS (TERMS). Either the publication: FOI release is relevant to a topic therefore tagged to it or linked to pages meeting specific user needs.
- To link to another website select Add External Link.
- Select Save and Create New Draft.
- To add the Welsh content, select TRANSLATE.
- Select Add from row labelled Welsh.
- Update fields with Welsh language content.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft. (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Publish the Welsh and the English and check both languages, for example layout is correct and links work.
Editing an existing publication: FOI release
- Find the existing publication: FOI release either by browsing the public site or select Workbench then All recent content. You must do this on GOV.WALES as the English content must be edited first.
- Open the publication: FOI release.
- Select EDIT DRAFT or NEW DRAFT.
- Edit the publication: FOI release.
- Complete Revision log message (all languages) with brief summary of changes.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Make the same changes to the Welsh version of the publication: FOI release.
Lists which components are available and how to use them if they are allowed.
Do not use the content paragraph on publication: FOI release.
Do not use the accordion paragraph on publication: FOI release.
Paragraphs: related links
Do not use the related links paragraph on publication: FOI release.
Paragraphs: contact details
Do not use the contact details paragraph on publication: FOI release.
Paragraphs: call out message
Do not use the call out message paragraph on publication: FOI release.