Provision of independent counselling services for children and young people aged between 11 and 18 and pupils in Year 6 of primary school for September 2018 to August 2019.
- 11,753 children or young people received counselling services in 2018/19.
- School-based and other education staff was the most common form of referral, accounting for nearly half of all referrals (49%).
- Females accounted for 63% or 7,431 of the 11,753 children and young people who received counselling, compared to only 37% of males.
- 87% of all children and young people who received counselling were between the Year 7 and Year 11 age groups in 2018/19.
- Family issues were the most common form of issue for children and young people who received counselling.
- 90% of children and young people did not require onward referral after completion of counselling sessions.
Counselling for children and young people, September 2018 to August 2019
file type: PDF, file size: 566 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5060
Telephone: 0300 025 8099