Provision of independent counselling services for children and young people aged between 11 and 18 and pupils in Year 6 of primary school for September 2017 to August 2018.
- 11,365 children or young people received counselling services in 2017/18.
- School-based and other education staff was the most common form of referral, accounting for nearly half of all referrals (47%).
- Females accounted for 63% or 7,118 of the 11,365 children and young people who received counselling, compared to only 37% of males.
- 85% of all children and young people who received counselling were between the Year 7 and Year 11 age groups in 2017/18.
- Family issues were the most common form of issue for children and young people who received counselling.
- 87% of children and young people did not require onward referral after completion of counselling sessions.
Counselling for children and young people, September 2017 to August 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 637 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5060
Telephone: 0300 025 8099